Friday, February 25, 2011

Imagine the PossABILITIES

Tomorrow we travel to Philadelphia (as long as Cameran is feeling better) to attend a self-advocacy Down syndrome conference.  Karen Gaffney, Sujeet Desai, and two other self-advocates will be keynote speakers and then the day will be spent cycling through mini workshops to get to know these individuals and their successes and advocacy goals.  I am excited to learn first hand from individuals with Down syndrome.  Ryan and I are driving up either tonight or early tomorrow.  I hope to take pictures!  Anything to help advocate for this little sweetie is right up my alley, and I am thankful to our local Down syndrome group for sponsoring our ability to attend for free.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...