Monday, December 20, 2010

Sick but thankful

Cameran is sick.  No surprise here.  She has had a nasty lingering cold for a month now.  It seems to be going deeper into her chest, culminating today with the dreaded 100.2 temperature.  Thank you daycare, for not calling me after she vomited due to a coughing jog.  Thank you Lord that her temperature did not climb to 100.4 where I would be called from work to come rescue my child.

Tomorrow she has her annual cardiology appointment where they will check to see that the hole in her heart is still closing.  I fear that they will not be able to hear because of her chest congestion.  Hopefully the EKG? EEG? (You'd think I'd know by now, but she gets EKGs, EEGs, MRIs, and Xrays like they are a common occurence) will show that there is still improvement. 

Even if they cannot tell for sure, I am grateful that Cameran is not in the range where surgery appears to be needed.  For that I am thankful.  My prayer is that the former is true, and also that Cami does not have pneumonia.  She went to bed at 6 after a not-so-constructive PT/SI session.  She has been asleep since.  I have a strange suspicion that she will be waking up in the middle of the night once again, therefore bedtime for me needs to happen ASAP.  Three hours last night was not nearly enough.  If when she wakes up, Vicks Vapor Rub is getting slathered on, followed by Motrin going down the hatch.

Tomorrow morning-repeat procedure-and hope and pray to make it until it is time for the cardiologist!

1 comment:

  1. Hope Cameran is feeling better! Love "Firework" on your playlist. Can't help but sing along everytime it's on the radio.

    Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...