Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Firsts and the Future

You know how when you want your child to do something/say something on cue it never works out?? 

Case in point...I went to pick Cami up from daycare yesterday, and upon arrival her daycare room teacher J, who I love, said that she took 3 or 4 steps yesterday unassisted!!! I tried like crazy to get her to do it for Ryan and I at home but she just got her sassy grin, and would drop and crawl.


She is also eating all sorts of new foods.  Her two (and only) teeth (both top molars) are coming in handy for pot roast, unpureed veggies and fruits, bananas bitten from the peel, Goldfish crackers, and other crunchy items.  She will pretty much crawl after whoever is closest and currently eating.  Now we need to get to the self-feeding part.  Slow and steady, slow and steady...

Baby #2 is still kicking ;) I am 14 1/2 weeks. Thought I would be finished the happy-go-pukey stage, but that isnt the case at all. I actually got to work (7th grade) and ran like crazy to the bathroom and lost it during homeroom earlier this week. Not cool.

They are sending me to our maternal/fetal medicine unit this time for the 20 week ultrasound. We passed up all the testing once again. I was afraid they would give us a hard time because of Cameran and an apparent increase in odds, but oh well. We were never supposed to get pregnant without IVF in the first place, then Cami came along. After Cami, we figured it wouldn't happen again, but if it did then it was obviously God's plan, and so I (foolishly?) didnt go back on birth control. In any case, bam...September 9th is on its way.

I would be lying if I said I am not petrified. I obviously know that there is a chance this cherub could have Ds or some other issue, and I will be okay with that, but I want more than anything for Cameran to have a typical sibling that she can grow close to and have to model behaviors and to learn from as they both grow. I know that I can't expect this sibling, if she is "typical" to be Cameran's guardian later in life, but I hope and pray that they are close enough that it is a non-issue. I really try to live in the present and not dwell on future but this baby makes me think of ALOT of potential issues...sigh.  Everyone tells me that it will never happen twice, and there are quite a few other mamas who currently pregnant with their second child after having the first with Ds who seem to all be "good to go" right now.  I just can't imagine that all of us will come out of this being in that 99% of "everything's okay".  So I worry.  Not a lot, but off and on...So if you feel compelled, please pray for us. 

In other news, my madre's kidney transplant is still on for March 29th!  Pray no one gets sick between now and then and for wisdom and guidance for the surgeons that day.

:)  Happy Wednesday

1 comment:

  1. Jen everything will work out the way it is supposed to. You are a fantastic momma and Cameran will be an awesome big sis!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...