Friday, September 17, 2010

Random thoughts

It has been 4 days in a row that we have not had projectile emissions spewing from Cameran!  Who knew the doctor actually knew what he was talking about when he said the Prevacid takes about two weeks to get regulated in one's system?!  Awesome!

In other news, this is the weekend of house painting.  Ryan hates painting.  I am not sure why this is.  Given that we are akin to Felix and Oscar, I would like to think that it is because he is uber anal and doesn't feel he does a good enough job as opposed to just not wanting to get the job done.  He cleans like a trooper.  I am a piler and he is a pitcher--as in, he tries to throw away everything he gets his hands on.  In any case, it is a good thing that one of us is neat and orderly or I just might have a future on A&E's Hoarders.  Apparently being a pack-rat is the first step to old person hoarding.  What.ever.  You never know when you might need something.  Seriously... What does this mean?  It means that our dear friend is giving up her weekend to come paint.  I finished ripping out the nasty carpeting under the baseboards since the carpet is getting installed in two weeks.  It is just easier to paint them that way.  What isn't easier is my breathing.  I think I started up a dust bowl.  Filthy carpet.  I smite you.

If I write on this blog that I am dieting, will I actually stick to it (for more than a week)???  It's not like I don't have a good reason.  I am going to get tested to see if I am a match to be a kidney donor for my mom.  My mother-in-law has graciously stepped forward and is already undergoing testing, but she is at the "high end" of normal levels, meaning that she is still a candidate, but she needs to watch out for her own health because she is borderline in terms of safety to her own body.  I figure, why not?  I found out about a month ago that I somehow became one of two individuals on my mother's tiny family tree that has avoided Polycystic Kidney Disease.  That alone is such a blessing that I would feel weird sitting around with two perfectly good (potential) kidneys knowing that my mom is staving off dialysis in two month increments.  Plus, laproscopic surgery should be a breeze (okay, mildly sugar-coating here) because they can use Cami's C-section scar for one of the three openings!  (I wonder if a tummy tuck is possiblewhile they're in there???) With that said, I don't want to get rejected before I get started, hence the NEED to lose weight...

Amen.  Good night.

1 comment:

  1. YEA!! I'm glad that the Prevacid is working!! I hope that your painting weekend went well. Best wishes on dieting (I'm **trying** to eat better myself) and it's so awesome that you're willing to donate a kidney to your Mom... Blessings to you and your family! Anna T and family (Jacob's Mommy : > )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...