Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to my wonderful, amazingly hands-on baby daddy, Ryan. 


I love...
-you for all that you do for our family. 
-that you come up with cute nicknames for Cameran that no one understands the origin of but you and me.
-that you study Cameran's face, waiting for her to smile, and then break out your own perfect Daddy-smile that shows the only person you are focused on in that moment is your "Best Good P".
-you for sticking close after learning of Cameran's extra needs instead of doing to unthinkable, which I unfortunately know that some men do.
-that over the years you have taken jobs that you loathed in order to contribute to our household.
-that you have an insatiable drive for physical fitness and health even when it makes me nutty that you wake up at 4:50 to go to the gym.
-that you search You Tube for cartoon theme songs to play for Cameran and me.
-that you search iTunes for more theme songs, most recently the Phineas and Ferb soundtrack that has been downloaded and played in its entirety.
-are a kid at heart, and have loved Toys R Us trips even before we had Cameran even though I pretend that it is annoying.
-that the crook of your arm is where Cameran is most comfortable and is almost a guaranteed "sleep spot".
-that even though you profess to dislike changing diapers and giving bottles, you have given more than a lion's share.
-that you play Disney movies and snuggle Peanut on the sofa until you both fall asleep.
-that you always know what kind of card/gift to give that means the most at any given time.
-that you regard life on "Gerber time" as I call it, knowing that when something is truly important, you'll be there.
-that you have a quiet confidence.
-your witty sarcasm and dry sense of humor.
-that somehow God put us in each other's lives in order to create this most perfectly wonderful life.


Happy Father's Day.  I love you.

And to my own Dad.  Thank you for being who you are.  If it was not for you and your quiet wisdom, I might not be who I am today.  You are the Wind Beneath My Wings. I love you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...