Thursday, August 19, 2010

My Naughty List

Every now and again someone makes it to my naughty list.  For instance, my husband was there yesterday and today when he let me know he listed our one dog in the paper as "Free to a good home" and already had gotten a response.  (I don't want to send her away, although I know we can't give her high energy levels the attention they need with all of Cameran's appointments and therapies).

However, Ryan is now off the list and at the top of my list is now...

Jennifer Aniston. 

Really?  Why?  I thought she was one of your favorites??............. Watch and see.



And I will admit that I don't go around correcting adults/family members when they slip in front of me, but I do try to find a way to work it into conversation.  And yes, I have already admitted to myself and others that I have formerly used this word when I was younger, and certainly before I had a daughter with special needs.  Sadly, I was ignorant to the offensiveness of the word, and even tried to justify its use as an adjective to my mom when she told me how offended my dad was when I lazily used the word as a teenager, knowing that his only sister, my aunt, is mentally handicapped.  Shame on me.  But, that was a few years ago.  This is now, and with all the high publicity the R-Word campaign has had this past year shame on her.

Boo.  Santa isn't bringing Jenny A. presents this Christmas.  Go join the D-list with Kathy Griffin.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this. I totally agree. Jen A is on the naughty list. i hope she at least apologizes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...